Owning a small or mid-sized business requires you to have a financial strategy at different stages of your business growth.
Insurance for business owners helps protect the business and primarily the people you care for, such as:
- Life and critical illness insurance for a key person to ensure business continuity
- Protecting cash and investment assets from creditors
- Investing with tax-efficient strategies unique to businesses
- Buy/sell agreement in case a partner wishes to leave the business
- Flexible group insurance plans are available for small business owners, salaried employees without group benefit insurance or the self-employed.
Savings and investments
- Guaranteed investment funds – also known as segregated funds – offering growth and potential creditor protection
- Mutual funds, through Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc., our mutual fund dealer, from Canada's major investment management companies
- Guaranteed investment certificates to place cash short-term
About our mutual funds
Our partner, Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc., which is a mutual fund dealer, gives businesses access to a wide variety of mutual funds from many of the top mutual fund management companies in Canada.
- Mutual funds are professionally managed, so you do not have to be an expert
- There are mutual funds available that range in risk and volatility from capital preservation to aggressive growth
- Small initial investment of $500
If you would like to learn more about how mutual funds can play a beneficial role in your business, please speak with one of our mutual fund advisors.
Or if you would like to read more, please visit our national website for more detailed information.
About our guaranteed investment certificates
If you are looking for security and the preservation of your principal, consider guaranteed investment certificates. Your investment earns interest, at either a fixed or a variable rate, or based on a pre-determined formula.
We deal with 40 banks and trust companies to find the best rate and features and time horizon for your deposits.
- Security and safety — both your original investment and interest payments are guaranteed
- Competitive interest rates — guaranteed for the full term of the investment so your money will grow as expected
- Flexible investment terms — ranging from one day to five years, and seven years and ten years
- Choice of interest payment frequencies ex., monthly or annually which can help with your cash flow
Please speak with one of our financial services advisors for your business needs. Or visit our national website for more information.